Dog Biscuit Making: The activity will be this Friday, April 22 after 7th period in B-2 (Ms. Estrada’s, cooking room). We will be working with Crumb By Crumb!
Officer Interviews: We are still looking for new officers for next year. Interviews begin this week, we will keep you updated if anything comes up, otherwise, be prepared!
Have a great spring break!
Campus beautification: The project has been re-scheduled for this Saturday, April 16th at 8am. Please meet at the PHHS student parking lot and remember to bring some gloves!
Dog biscuit making: We will be making and donating dog biscuits on Friday, April 22nd! Please meet after 7th period in the home economics room to join fellow Environmental Club and Crumb By Crumb members for the activity! The treats will be donated to the animal shelter.
Reminder: We know the school year is coming to a close and many of you have fulfilled your activity requirements, but attending 75% of all club meetings is a part of this too! Please attend meetings to sign in and keep updated, especially regarding sign-ups to be next year’s officers! Again, please consider becoming an officer for the 2011-2012 school year. You do not have to be voted in by the club members - we only require that you have a personal interview with the officers - so sign up soon!
No club meeting this week!!
Due to STAR testing, we will not have a meeting Tuesday, April 5th.
- Officer position sign-ups - Please consider signing up for a position! Several positions need to be filled for next year so please consider applying even if you feel you aren’t qualified. Schoolloop me or reply to post if you’re interested in any officer position.
- Active requirements - The end of the semester is nearing, so please don’t forget to attend 75 percent of the meetings or you will NOT be active! Especially seniors who want to receive a graduation stole.
- Club Day - Please visit our booth this Friday! We will be selling shaved ice and raspberry lemonade.
- Campus Beautification - Saturday, April 16th. Help plant trees and other plants on campus at 8 am.
- Dog-biscuit making activity - Friday, April 22nd we will be making dog biscuits with Crumb by Crumb! Come by after school in Ms. Estrada’s room to help out.
The school year is approaching a close and Environmental Club is looking for officers to help run the club for the upcoming school year! :D
Many positions are open and we encourage all members to try out for an officer position because we believe everyone has the potential to be a leader. Please do not underestimate your abilities because you’ll never know what you are capable of.
If you are interested in holding an officer position for the 2011-2012 school year, please sign up by messaging us here or sign up at our next meeting (if you haven’t already done so). If you have any questions, please ask us!
For clarification, the process does not include a majority vote by club members - the current club officers will hold interviews on announced dates and the chosen members are then announced the week after.
We’ll keep you guys updated as much as possible. Hope to see a lot of names!
School beautification project: Saturday, April 16 - 8am at the PHHS student parking lot
Dog biscuit making: Friday, April 22 - after 7th at the PHHS cooking classroom
Hello, everyone! Hope your Tuesday has been swell.
As April is quickly approaching, we are looking at some more activities and club officer interviews! Please consider the opportunity. We will be having interviews in three weeks. The available positions will be posted in a couple of weeks.
- SCHOOL BEAUTIFICATION: The date has been moved to Saturday, April 16th! Meet at PHHS at 8:00am.
- DOG BISCUIT-MAKING: We will (for sure) have this activity again! We know many of you have reached the activity requirements, but we hope you can make it to this one, as it is one of our most fun activities. We’ll keep you updated as soon as possible!
Have a great spring season!
We hope you turned in $5 for lollipops if you checked out a bag of them last week. If not, we will be deducting 1/2 an activity. The bags this week have 25 lollipops total, so please bring $6.25 next Tuesday!
GREAT AMERICAN LITTER PICK-UP
The event will be on March 19th from 8am to 11:30am at our SCHOOL PARKING LOT (the free lunch will be hosted at the Berryessa Community Center). We highly encourage you attend the litter pick-up, as it is associated with the entire community and not just Environmental Club! The event will be worth 1 activity.
You can still buy our t-shirts! They are $12 each - keep in mind we will still have a few more Secret T-Shirt Days where you can get 1/2 an activity just for wearing the club shirt!
Update on School Beautification Day
As you may have heard on Tuesday, we were planning to be a part of the PHHS School Beautification Day on Saturday, March 5th, but it has been postponed until further notice. The project will still happen, but we have yet to hear from the organizers about the new date.
Sorry for the inconvenience! We will let you know about any updates as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we hope you can spread the word and let your friends know about all of this!
- The t-shirts are here! The current price is $12; show your club spirit and buy an all-organic Environmental t-shirt before your size runs out! For this semester, we will be having a number of Secret T-Shirt days. If you don’t know how this works, it’s simple - wear our club t-shirt on meeting days and automatically get 1/2 an activity if it’s a Secret T day (you’ll know when we announce during the meeting). We hope you’re ready!
- Update on Teens for Jeans: though our drive has officially ended, we will be handing out the jeans coupons (if you donated) during Thursday (lunch) and Friday (break, lunch). Make sure to listen to the 3rd period announcements for more details!
- Upcoming activities: organic lollipop fundraiser and clean-up days. If you remember from previous years, anyone in the club can get a bag of lollipops and sell them in order to fundraise for Environmental. We will announce more information on these activities soon.
Have a super fantastic week!!
There will be no meeting tomorrow due to the CAHSEE schedule and the Teens for Jeans table will not be open for Tuesday and Wednesday.
See you guys next week!